Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Versatility.

About fourteen months ago, I went to The Shipps' wedding.  I was 8 months pregnant and living in a town full of pregnant people and people with babies that did not have a maternity store.  Since the wedding was near my home town ( let's say about a half a mile from our old ranch), I flew down to spend the week with my parents down town and decided I would shop for something to wear when I got there.  My mom picked out a few different spots in the same area we could drop into.  Boutiques (my favorite), that we just didn't have at good ol' Camp Lejeune.


By the time we got back from visiting my Grandma, it was late afternoon, and we had to head to the country for the rehearsal dinner.  The problem was, we still hadn't shopped, we needed to go to the house in down town first, and getting out of the city could prove to be a little problematic.  We had gone up to the shops a couple of days before, but had gotten there too late, so they were closed.  The good part was, we were pretty sure we knew which one we wanted to go to.   We did some speedy shopping, I found some adorable stuff, including this outfit for her wedding day.



Before we moved, we garage saled nearly everything we knew we could do with out.  I even had this dress sitting out for a little bit, but wanted more out of it than the normal cheap, garage sale, maternity dress, so it never ended up selling.  I was ok with that.  I was pretty sure that with the right belt, it could be really cute.  I also ended up keeping another sweater I got from Nine Maternity  That day that I wear often these days, and it looks over sized, but I like it that way.  Any way, I finally got a belt and tried it on together just when Red was coming in for lunch.  I wasn't quite sure about it, but he said he really liked it!




I love it when I can "recycle" things!

**note:  Erica, yes this is why we were late.  I'm sorry it wasn't something more noble than shopping, like saving a child from a run away wagon or feeding the hungry.

**note2:  That's my living room!  Please don't pay attention to the scattered toys.  Thanks.

2 comments:

fllygirl07 said...

you look soooooo cute!!!

fay said...

That dress looks great on you! I'm so glad you can still use it!!