Monday, December 6, 2010

Two years.

I never ever thought that two years could involve so much activity.  So much going, so much moving and doing and seeing. 

Year #1:  Move to NC to join my hubby after our wedding Dec 6th.  Get dog, name her Izzy.  Decide Izzy needs more space, decide to buy a house. Find out there is a baby joining you on the same day of the inspection.  One week later, find out about deployment. Move into house, build fence, meet amazing neighbors, settle in.  Red deploys while my belly grows.  Red's deployment gets cut short just in time to have a sweet baby girl.  Begin year 2 four days later.

Year # 2:  Red decides to pursue recruiting.  We visit Texas and Arkansas.  Get orders to Japan instead of recruiting.  Embark on that journey.  Baby starts to crawl.  Paperwork.  Visit Florida.  Visit Arkansas.  Visit Texas.  Visit Arkansas.  Visit Texas.  Return to NC with 2 days to prepare for movers.  Baby walks.  Movers come, family comes.  Move to Japan.  Live in TLF for a week and a half.  Move into permanent housing. First shipment comes, Cody trains.  Second shipment comes.  Mom comes to visit. Baby girl turns 1.  

Today, Lord help us, we will begin year 3.  Do you think we might get to catch our breath?  Marriage is a fun adventure and all, but um, I'm a little tired. 

Have I ever mentioned the "theme" of our wedding ceremony was  " Expect the Unexpected"?

What country is this?  Why is it tomorrow?

No really, I can remember my roommates asking me, " Why do you need to get married now?  You've only known each other a few months, and planning a wedding in three months?  Why not stretch it out?"  My answer was simple, but it didn't really make sense at the time.  To me or any one. " I just feel like this is the next step.  We know we love each other, and it's time to get married."  

As a person who has a tendency to be rather willful and stubborn, God gave me my person.   He knew I needed Red.  Red helps me to "Expect the Unexpected"- God is always in control.  I have control over nothing.  My plans will never be as great as The Lord's for our life.  Red loves me when I irritate myself. Red gives me a big hug when I get mad.  We argue and then laugh at ourselves for getting mad to begin with.  We are learning to rely on God and each other.    I am thankful that we are on such a crazy adventure.  Even though I'm not really good at adventure, I have to get better now!  

I can't wait for year three.

1 comment:

Puppy names said...

Izzy, what a nice name, I add it now to my list:
Dog names starting with "I"