Monday, December 27, 2010

My Second Addiction.

Bedding.

I love bedspreads. And pillows. I walk around the aisles picturing all of the different rooms I could put together.  Many times, I feel as if I have found the most perfect look for our room.  Yes! I think to myself, this is definitely it!  Red and Gold.  Red and gold everywhere.  I continue on to excitedly call Red, tell him I will be buying this comforter set with matching pillows and I have to look for curtains and a rug to match.  Also, hopefully some new photo frames for the walls.  So dinner will not be happening like he expected,  even if we did invite fifty of our closest friends.

When he deployed after we got married and I was pregnant with Pumpkin, I bought a new down comforter, and four different duvet covers.  I excused myself with the fact that I was also trying to make our guest bedroom nice, and we had just gotten married about 9 months ago, I needed to start collecting!  This is when I first recognized that what was going on here was a serious issue.  Really, Red figured it out when asked why I was going to Target so often.  After I told him about the merchandise, he was a little dumbfounded.  We ditched our original red and gold for a geometric shape duvet with a down comforter, then, a plain one.  Now, brown and green and tan and red.

Today, it struck again.  When we first arrived to Iwakuni, we got into housing a lot faster than we had expected.  Great! Right?  Mostly.   We were in our house, which was wonderful to be in our very own living room that was not also the kitchen/ closet/ Pumpkin's Room/ bedroom.  So that part was wonderful.  We headed down to the Lending Locker and got some silverware, plates, cups, cooking utensils, etc.  We were able to get temporary furniture!  Waiting room style couch and chairs and a coffee tables.  They let us use dressers and a bed, too.  However, we had no towels, or bedding.  I was pretty excited about the no bedding part.  That meant I got to go buy a new set!!  We decided on a Martha Stewart ( I love her.  A bunch. ) Blue and silver floral set that had all the bells and whistles.  It contained curtains we couldn't hang up because of the pin hook system that appears to be popular here.  No curtain rods, so that meant no to the use of Martha's curtains she gave us.  I also realized that it was dry- clean only.  A huge no-no in my book.  Do you know how many things I spill on a daily basis?  Do you realize that I have a child?  Apparently Martha didn't.  At least not this time.

Any way, the blue and silver set was doing it's job just fine.  I folded down the comforter if Pumpkin was going to be on the bed, and generally loved it, until a colorful, red, green and robin egg blue baby came into my  life  PX.  Now, I spotted her right away.  Red promptly said " NO MORE BEDDING!'  and not even the saddest of faces could convince him.

Merry Christmas!

Ain't she purdy?

Best of all, Machine Washable!  Woohoo! 


I promise this will be the last time. 

The Green curtains we though we would have to replace? Match. 

The red trunk I thought I was going to have to re-cover?  Match. 

 Color and life in a new room in a new place?  Yes maam.


Bedding success!

1 comment:

Leah said...

so you just hang on to all those comforters? i'm in neeeeeed of a duvet cover. They sell the down comforters here but i never see the duvet covers...