Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Iwakuni Cookie Lady.

That's what you can call me.

It all started when one of Red's Sergeants joined us for a meal, and I had some cookies made.  He had one, and then proceeded to beg for more.  If we saw him on base, he threatened to (try) to dismantle my recipe and figure it out.  I didn't tell him that's impossible.  I just told him I would make him more.  I guess I wasn't keeping up properly, because Red came home from work and says " Ten bucks for a baggie of your cookies like you brought me when I was on duty."  So, I say " Oh, well, ok. If he really wants them that badly."  So, I make a batch and send an extra for Red to let the other Marine's in his shop share.  He came home today with a pink post-it note ( I am not sure what a bunch of Marines are doing with a pink post-it, but I figure they're pretty tough so I will over look it for now.)  Fifteen of them would like a batch of my cookies for ten bucks a batch.  One of them requested I make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

I just do as I'm told.

They are Marines after all.  Kinda scary.

Of course, this means we brain storm about business propositions.  First Chocolate Chip, then Oatmeal Chocolate Chip.  Then who knows?!  Banana bread?  Texas Brownies?  Rice Krispie Treats?

My older brother that likes to pick on me for not being coordinated and not really having a knack for anything has decided that this is my "thing".  Cookies.  I wasn't sure if he was making fun of me or actually being encouraging.  That's the thing about big brothers.  They are always questionable.  Not that I'm still bitter about the times he would wait for my parents to leave, tie me to the chair and lock me in the study.  No, I'm surely not.  I've moved past that.  It's just that he's my big brother.

Any way, I have to go wrap up my cookies to send off with Red in the morning.  I hope that I am actually making some sort of a profit here.  I haven't calculated my cookie costs yet.  So I guess I need to do that.  Then, I need to make this, figure out what to do with the rest of it, and sing Jingle Bells.

No comments: