Friday, November 12, 2010

I have a computer again!

A real, live, computer. And.. our first shipment! I am so excited to go through all of this!
I can't believe it's been so long since I've updated. I promise I am getting started on that right now.

Punkin' did incredibly well on the plane ride over. She slept most of the way! ( seriously, what kid does that? I don't know, I was just so happy) We hung out in TLF ( Temporary lodging facility) for about 10 days, when we moved in to our building across the street. We are on the sixth floor, 2 bedroom, one bath and about a million and a half closets. It's definitely a tighter squeeze than the house we had in the states, but we will make it home. With so much storage, I doubt we will notice too much of a difference.

Red got a minivan. I say Red got one, because he got a driver's license, he picked it out, test drove it and bought it. For a whopping $950. I am thrilled! I never knew I could be so excited over a fourteen year old minivan that came with curtains on all the back windows. However, this means not only getting from point A to point B, but doing it whenever we please and being able to take things with us!

We headed out to Miya jima yesterday for a little local sightseeing. It's one of the top places to see in Japan, and it was definitely beautiful. The leaves were changing colors, the tide was in and the deer were everywhere. They were in your pockets, your bags and your lap, if you let them! We visited a Shrine and walked around the mountain a little bit. The island is known for it's Maple trees, so one of the popular items was this cookie. It is like a pancake, in the shape of a maple leaf, with all sorts of different fillings. We tried Almond ( my favorite ) Chocolate, Custard, Green tea and a few others. While we were walking around, Punkin' got stopped by 3 Japanese girls. They thought she was " soooo cute!" and asked to take pictures of us. So, we took some pictures, they said thank you and went on their way. That was the most curious part of the day.

And today, our first shipment arrived!! I have clothes and shoes and my coffee brewer and my computer! Now, I just have to worry with putting it all away and finding a place for everything. Punkin' is loving getting to play with all of her toys we couldn't take on the plane- that definitely helps to get things done. Also, we are back to Cloth diapers again. I have giggled at how fluffy her bottom seems a few times now. They are way more cute than 'sposies anyway.

I pinky promise to keep this more updated. Oh, have I mentioned my child is walking now? And in a couple of weeks she turns ONE? She is such a happy, sweet, energetic child. We are so blessed to have her in our lives! God really does give the best surprises.

1 comment:

fay said...

What a great post! I loved reading it!! I definitely want to do some sightseeing while I am visiting you.