Friday, November 19, 2010

Did I ever tell you about the earrings?

I don't think I did.  I was out a computer when it happened.

One morning, a few days before the Marine Corps Ball, we woke up.  Technically, Pumpkin woke us up, but she is so cute I hate to cast blame on her.  We are sitting around, and Red says "Hey, did you ever find earrings to wear to the ball?"

"Well, no.  I was just planning on wearing the pearls I wear every day."


"How do you feel about wearing these?"


He is giving me a morning surprise?!  That's a jewelry box! 



This memory will be stuck in my mind for a long, long while.  He reached over to his nightstand drawer, and pulled out a simple, white jewelry box with a small ivory ribbon tied around it.  As I opened it up, I saw the most beautiful, elegant pearl earrings.  They are too special for every day, yet classy and simple.

" I was going to wait for our anniversary, but I wanted you to have them for the ball."

::tears::
  
Have I mentioned how much I love him lately?  Not just because I get wonderful present surprises like that, but because he is sweet, thoughtful, and puts up with me.


I can't recall one single time I have been able to surprise him.  He always catches on, or I can't keep my mouth shut.  But this?  This will be good.  Unless he already knows?  You don't think he does, right?

1 comment:

fay said...

Well now, that is SUPER DUPER sweet!!!