Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I have to wait until tomorrow to eat this...

The Best Sheet Cake Ever


Just LOOK at it!  Ok, and no, it's not the exact same recipe.  Give or take about a half a stick of butter in the frosting, which I actually think I am going to have to start adding because my frosting was too thick. 


I grew up calling them Texas Brownies.  Eat this stuff right after a bowl of  Cowboy Stew  and you will be one happy cowboy, or girl!  Cody ends up eating four or more bowls of this each time I make it, and it freezes great, so I always keep some in the fridge!


So far I've chickened out on the Peach Cobbler Rolls .  After Ava is asleep and the dishes are done I might have a change of heart and get wild since Cody has duty at the barracks tonight.  At least I know all of my food will actually still be here tomorrow!  I will just have to make sure to keep him out of sight until dinner.


When we found out we were coming to Japan and would be here just in time for the Holidays ( little did we know we would have all of our stuff!)  We started talking about what we would do to celebrate.  We usually both do big things with our families, and were looking forward to doing the same this year since pumpkin was too new to travel last year.  Red kept on mentioning deep-frying a turkey like his dad had always done.  I have to admit, this idea turned me off slightly.  Then I got to thinking.. the Turkey is the biggest part of the meal.  I have never cooked a whole turkey by myself.  If Red deep-fries one, then I don't have to worry about making it and causing potential disappointment!  Sure babe!  Deep fry seven turkeys if you want!  Then, we ended up deciding against it because we were pretty sure the fryer would never get used and our space is slightly limited.  Today, our fried turkey thanksgiving dreams came true!  Some of our neighbors told us we could borrow theirs!  I love how things work out!






Ok,  time to prepare the little one dinner so it will be ready by the time she wakes up from her nap.


No, I am not eating the brownies.  Or the banana bread.  Or the Kringle.  It's for Thanksgiving, conflabbit.

No comments: