Thursday, May 27, 2010

" Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies"





These are one of my favorite things to make. Ever. Whenever my mom decided to make some growing up, ( if my brother asked, or was coming home from college, or his friends were coming over) they always disappeared very quickly. When I was getting married, I remember talking to my mom about all the recipes I needed and got the most amazing shower gift:



This is a collection of recipes from my entire family. Cousins, grandparents, Aunts, they all contributed with their favorite ( and easy, they know me) meals/desserts/salads/side dishes. Shortly after we were married, I tried to make home-made from scratch chocolate chip cookies. That was a fail. Who knew there was such a difference in baking powder and baking soda? After a few more tries and calls home, I mastered the art. I can whip up these home-made-from-scratch cookies and put them in a basket to send with C to work ( Marines love their sweets) or I can make a batch to eat after dinner if we're having company, or else I'll eat them all! When my mom was here with me while C was deployed and I was pregnant, I wanted to make them and asked her about the recipe. " That's Grandma's recipe right?"" Which one? "
"You know, the cookies you always made. Was that yours or Grandmas or one of your Aunts?"
" Oh the one on the back of the crisco can?"
Cue the disappointment! The cookies I thought I was soooo awesome for making, any one could make. It's on the crisco can. All disappointment aside, I still make them and have figured out a way to perfect them.

One word: Foil.

If you bake your cookies on foil, the bottoms don't burn! See?

Even all the way around, all chewy every where!

No comments: