Saturday, May 22, 2010

A visit from Nana/ Japan update

My mom came to visit sweet Ava this last week ( thank goodness, too. She is a big help and a great encourager). They did all sorts of fun things! Ate bananas with Nana ( get it?), they laughed a lot, smiled at each other and snuggled.

By the end of Nana's trip, she kept on saying that " If mommy says it's ok, you can come home with me, I have extra room in my suitcase!" This morning when I woke up, Nana tells me, " look! I made room!" And we got this picture:



She fit right in! But I think I would miss my baby too much even though I know they would have fun and Nana and Papa would take good care of my little darling.

I'm sure going to miss Nana. Especially when I'm folding the laundry or cooking dinner, or taking a shower and drying my hair. She makes those things a lot easier to do if she's holding my sweet (energetic) Ava. Hopefully another visit will be in order soon.



An update on Japan:

Since receiving orders, we have gotten all of our paperwork, done tons of googling and gotten more and more excited. We headed up to Medical and got a run through of who has to sign what. We have to go to dental on Tuesday and I'm going to try and figure out what sized housing we'll be able to get and what exactly we need to sell, what we need to keep and what we need to store.
In September, we'll have a month to take leave, visiting family, storing vehicles etc. Our flight will leave the first part of October hopefully, and a couple of weeks before that, hopefully, TMO will come and pack up our belongings and separate them into two different shipments, Express and Standard. There is a weight limit on what they will ship overseas but apparently in Iwakuni, you can only ship 75% of what that is, and no vehicles ( every one walks or rides bikes!) so it looks like we have a lot to figure out.

Things sure are moving along quickly! September is really only a little over 3 months from now, looks like things will be getting busier and busier. I just have to keep on thinking that God surprised me with Ava, and she is such a blessing this is going to be awesome too.

1 comment:

Ally said...

Wow, so it really is happening? That's so crazy! Didn't he just re-enlist not to long before you got married or something though? Good luck w/ everything.